Fetchmail Dilemer

Phil Brooks redhat at mailforyou.co.uk
Sun Nov 28 23:40:11 UTC 2004

Ok heres the problem i've got

I need to download mail from an ISP using POP3 and then have it placed
within the relivent users mailbox.

"ahhh easy!", you might say

"you need to use fetchmail!", which will be your next suggestion.

Which I already kinda gathered was the best tool for the job.
The problem that I can't seem to get my head round is that....

When I download mail, I need it to go to a straight to the mail queue e.g.
postfix's mail queue, from there I want the Alias table to redirect the
mail to which ever user its for.

The main reason for this is that if there is a mail addressing error the
error message will not be sent the originator.

Is there a standard way to setup Fedora as a local mail server to recive
mail from an ISP via POP3 and the deliver it using say DOVECOT?

I hope that someone out there understands this dilemer and can help me.

--
Regards,

Phil

--
This message was scanned for spam and viruses by BitDefender
For more information please visit http://linux.bitdefender.com/