Q as to Root v other login

Scott angrykeyboarder at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 02:03:52 UTC 2004

Scot L. Harris wrote:

>  Other than that there are
>some log files you will want to review on a regular basis but then you
>should have roots email redirected to your user account so you can get
>the logwatch reports.

However....

I took me two weeks to figure out that the reason I wasn't getting those
emails was because they were being sent to root and not forwarded.
Thankfully I eventually membered the .forward file and set it up.

SUSE did this for me by default on install.  Fedora should too.  I'm
sure I'm not the only one who was ignorant enough not to know (or
remember) that I needed this extra step.

Scott