Fetchmail Configuration

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Mon Nov 29 02:31:28 UTC 2004

Am Mo, den 29.11.2004 schrieb Phil Brooks um 3:26:

> how should i configure fetchmail? - there seems to be mention of a -MTA
> switch?

No switch needed in the .fetchmailrc. Simply say to which local user the
mail shall be delivered.

> Should I setup a specific user to run the fetchmail command,
>   e.g. at the moment i've setup a user called mailbox which is used for
> the collection of mail.

You can run it as your system user account. Just don't let it be run
from root.

> Phil

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 03:31:20 up 8 days, 22:18, load average: 0.32, 0.35, 0.23