windows line breaks in txt files

thom at customnetworks.ca thom at customnetworks.ca
Mon Nov 29 20:56:16 UTC 2004

> How can i configure my editors to use windows line breaks? Or do I just
> avoid text files and stick to openoffice or something.
>
> And is it possible for all editors to be configured in one stroke?
>
> the only useful info I've found so far is on editpad lite
> http://www.editpadpro.com/linux.html
>
> there's must be a better way...

I found a little program called todos that adds them in for you. I use it
when making batch files for logon scripts for windows machines. I don't
remember where I found it, but I can try and find you a link.

Basically you take a file, pump it through this program, and it creates
all the line breaks. I use pico and nano as my editor.

-=/>Thom