Tripwire replacement

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Tue Nov 30 05:57:25 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 14:27, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:
> Fedora Core doesn't ship with tripwire package (like previous Red Hat
> Linux relases did).  What are alternatives for use on Fedora Core?

> Any other alternatives?

I believe I have used a tripwire rpm for FC2 that was in the testing
section.  You might try pulling the source package and rebuilding that
one under FC3.

When I looked at aide it did not appear to be a one for one replacement
for tripwire.  It needs to mature some and reach at least the same level
that tripwire has.  It seemed to be less secure that tripwire in regards
to protecting the policy and database.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

WHOA!!  Ken and Barbie are having TOO MUCH FUN!!  It must be the
NEGATIVE IONS!!