Adding a network printer

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Tue Nov 30 21:22:41 UTC 2004

On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 09:39:55AM -0800, Martin Canovas wrote:
> I need to add a HP LaserJet that is on my network. However, I don't
> know what type of queue I should use. I already tried CUPS, LPD, and
> others types but none worked.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Martin
Choosing LPD, then giving the hostname of the printer and the queue
name. then choose the model Of HP Laserjet you have, and should work.
We have several HP Laserjets and they seem to work ok.

The relative importance of files depends on their cost in terms of the
human effort needed to regenerate them.
		-- T.A. Dolotta
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science