Separate Mail Boxes for Different Accounts in Evolution

Ester Muñoz memunoz at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 21:51:50 UTC 2004

John Summerfield wrote:

> Why?
>
> It certainly does not happen with imap; I have several imap accounts on
> several computers and read most of them with at least two of Thunderbird,
> Kmail, Evolution Mozilla and Safari.

Well, I have five accounts, two IMAP and three POP (where two of them
don't offer IMAP as an option). I know how to work with filters, and I
have used evolution for a while before switching to Thunderbird. At home
I have linux, in the office windows. I moved to thunderbird in the
office because there was NO WAY doing anything my way on Outlook, and
then I started to use it home... I can have 5 accounts with 5 inboxes,
outboxes, etc., with different rules and junk analysers applying to each
of the accounts for filtering. It saved my life :-)

I don't mean it is better, it is just my option, and I'm happy with it.

Cheers,
Ester