Lexar CF Card Reader USB 2.0 on FC1

Temlakos temlakos at comcast.net
Fri Oct 1 13:17:37 UTC 2004

I tried the below procedure.

At first it said something about not having something-or-other in
place--I can't recall what, because when everything froze, I lost it
all. I recall that it recognized the reader as a Lexar, but then kept
saying that USB drivers were timing out. And then suddenly it poured out
a lot of gibberish, ending in a string of hex codes that I can't
possibly recall--ending with the phrase "Kernel panic" and a notice
about "killing the interrupt handler." After that, my Caps Lock and Num
Lock LED's started to flash, and the system would not respond to
anything except a cold-turkey shutdown.

Just tho show you how new I am at this game--and that some might say
that Fedora Core was a poor choice for a total newcomer to Linux--I did
not appreciate what a "kernel panic" was until you told me to proceed as
I just did, and I read the above messages (as nearly as I can recall
them).

All right--so the kernel flies into a panic and shuts down its interrupt
handler every time I connect the card reader. I assume that the other
machine does the same thing. So how do I get the kernel *not* to panic?

Temlakos