Lexar CF Card Reader USB 2.0 on FC1

Temlakos temlakos at comcast.net
Fri Oct 1 17:16:06 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-01 at 12:40, HaJo Schatz wrote:
> As a first shot, can you pls connect the reader only without a medium in
> it? What's happening then?

What happens then is that it complains about not being able to read the
partition table, and then starts timing out, and ultimately flies into
the same full-blown panic.

> Next, what reader do you have? And, is it mentioned here:
> http://www.linux-usb.org/ ?

It's a Lexar, but I don't think it's either of the ones they list. It
can't be the JumpDrive 64MB--because it's designed to read cards that
are much larger.

> Further, is the USB hardware on your motherboard officially supported by
> the kernel?

Hard to tell. The earliest messages say, "USB device 2 is not supported
by any driver." What might that mean?

Temlakos