FC2 destroyed Windows XP!!

Steven P. Ulrick ulrick2 at faith4miracle.org
Sat Oct 2 06:29:05 UTC 2004

On Saturday 02 October 2004 12:42 am, Paolo Bonavoglia wrote:
> Two days ago i installed FC2 on a PC wich had Windows XP installed in
> the first partition and FC-1 on the remaining HD space (about 20G). I
> choose a brand new installation deleting the old one of FC1.

<snip>

> Bad news came at the end of installation: FC2 works perfectly, but
> Windows XP is no more usable; if I select Windows from the GRUB menu the
> PC hangs up.
>
> Worst of all: I tried to reinstall Windows XP from the originale
> Microsoft CD, installation begins normally,  I choose the old partition,
> reformat the partition,  installation files are copied, but when Windows
> XP restarts the computer the first time, the computer hangs with an
> error message like: "can not load operating system".

Hello, Paolo :)
I have never had that issue, since I don't run Windows anymore, but I hear
that the information at this link should get you up and running again.  I
haven't read it myself, but I have heard that it works :)

I hope that the following information will fix your problem:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2004-May/msg00908.html

Have a Great Day :)
Steven P. Ulrick