xcdroast

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Sun Oct 3 13:11:26 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2 Oct 2004, Jeff Vian wrote:

> In my experience, I would recommend K3B to burn the CD.
> You will need to be root in any case if you are at the latest kernel
> (2.6.8) to burn CDs.

Not necessarily true.  X-CD-Roast has a wrapper that will work some sort
of setuid deal, and, in the past, has had a setup option where you could
specify which users could burn CDs, other than root.  Additionally, if
that wasn't in place, I've always been asked for the root password.  I
suppose that, in that case, root effectively runs the process, but I
didn't have to be logged in as root, first.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit