Evolution problem

linux r linuxr at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 18:16:01 UTC 2004

On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 12:52:44 -0500, Carlos Davila <cedavila at comcast.net> wrote:
> Mark Haney wrote:
> > I'm getting a funny problem trying to empty the trash in Evolution.
> > Here's the error I get:
> >
> > Error while 'Expunging folder':
> > Error storing `Local folders/Inbox': Summary and folder mismatch, even
> > after a sync
> >
> > I recently restored my Evolution folders after a re-install of FC2, has
> > anyone seen this problem and how do I fix it?
>
> Haven't been around the list long enough to see other appraisals of
> Evolution. Initially after installing FC2, I was using the Exchange
> Connector and had lots of problems with Evolution (system would freeze
> up, page exceptions, Evolution wouldn't finish exiting). I ended up
> moving to an IMAP server at work and switching my email client to
> Thunderbird with Mozilla Calendar.
>
> CD
>
> --

Mark,  This is an FYI and not a fix (good luck with the latter)...

I ran into this and struggled with it for a long time a while back.
This is why I don't use Evolution anymore.  I tried everything I could
think of at the time and nothing worked.   I would get this error
messge which I believe is related to synchronizing files correctly.
I can't remember if my problem involved deleted files, or whether it
was just some kind of synch that just didn't take.

Also I *thought* at the time, that I was having some type of POP or
login problem with a colocated mail server that I was using.  But I
contacted the admin (out of state) and this didn't seem to have
anything to do with it - he had made no changes, mailbox size
restrictions, etc.  I concluded that Evolution wasn't robust enough
for my purposes (either it or I hadn't evolved enough).  I was
wondering if it was somehow getting clobbered by their Solaris mail
server.

At the time I was on a LOT of lists and had something like 9000
messages in my box at a time.  When I ran du it looked ok to me.
However even when deleting many messages and unsubscribing from many
of my lists, I could never get my functionality back.

Good luck
Marc