Custom Kernels

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Wed Oct 6 16:17:07 UTC 2004

On 10/06/2004 07:36:46 AM, Wayne Leutwyler wrote:
> Quick question.
>
> Would I see any performance benefits from building my own custom
> kernel?

Probably not.
I build my own simply because I use some third party modules (ie tiser)
and building a vanilla, with gcc 2.95.3, is generally going to be the
least problematic in that scenario.

Now I do some customization beyond that - but it's mostly just removing
modules I know I'll never need - that's mainly though to radically
reduce the time it takes to build the modules when I do compile my own.