dansguard setup

Peter Collier pecb at nildram.co.uk
Thu Oct 7 14:05:29 UTC 2004

I've installed dansguard and squid. I've edited the squid.conf file to
use port 3128 and sorted out the hostname problem so that now starting
squid gives no errors. I've seen many howtos on the internet for setting
up dansguardian but many seem to have conflicting ideas how to set
things up. All the setups seem to refer to a network situation, whereas
mine is a standalone machine, (with 5 children aged 9 to 19 have access)
so I need a transparent proxy because it's not networked?
I will need also to make sure that all internet requests go through the
proxy, eg if someone alters mozilla proxy settings to direct connection,
in order to bypass dansguardian, it will have no effect.
Any help appreciated.

Peter