OT: spammers are using my domain again

Trevor Smith trevor at haligonian.com
Fri Oct 8 04:59:47 UTC 2004

So I'm getting tons of bounces because the spammers have made their way back
around to my personal domain and are sending out their crap with
<something>@haligonian.com as the forged From: address.

I don't really care since I have bogofilter installed and it puts every damn
one of them in my "unsure" folder and I never need to see them, but just to
be thorough...

Does anyone know of anything I could do to get them to move on from spoofing
my domain to spoofing the next victim's domain?

Is there any real harm to me that they are spoofing my domain, btw? I assume
that network admins are smart enough now that they realize almost all spam
addresses are spoofs and they don't go arbitrarily blacklisting poor suckers
like me. :-(

Now, I'm assuming this is straight forging, and that no spammers are actually
using any network resources related to me (since I pay $10/yr for a web/mail
hosting account for haligonian.com and don't run my own servers).

Trevor Smith // trevor at haligonian.com