text vs html posts on this list...

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Sat Oct 9 00:31:40 UTC 2004

Robin Laing wrote:
> Scot L. Harris wrote:

>>> And it was very hard to fall asleep at the terminal when it was
>>> clanking away. Good for those late night sessions. :)
>>

>> Except when you got the one with the ribbon that was about as dry as the
>> Sahara....
>>
>> Have you ever tried to read the impressions left on some of that green
>> bar paper... :)
>>

> No, we were always lucky to have new ribbons available.
>
> We also didnt' use the green paper much.  We had three types, blocked
>  areas, white or rolled like newsprint (most commons) until we got some
> thermal TI's.  Ah, thermal printouts on a nice sunny day.  All black by
> the time you remember.  Book more computer time and re-print.
>
> Of course there was the paper tape backups.  These made great streamers
> off of the 21st floor.

And the chad was great for confetti at football games--especially when
mixed with the chad from the IBM 029 keypunch machines!

Rah!  Rah!  Go Team!

"Rotate Left!  Rotate Right!  Push On, Pop Off, BYTE!  BYTE!  BYTE!"

(uh oh!  dating myself again!)
-           Denial.  It ain't just a river in Egypt anymore!         -