problems with Dazzle brand 8-in-1 USB camera RAM reader

linux r linuxr at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 03:27:10 UTC 2004

I can't get it to work with my p3, 800 mhz box with FC1.  The box is
up2dated.

Basically I boot it up and with it being the ONLY usb device on this
system it still doesn't detect.  (yes it is plugged in good, and yes
it works under xp)   At LEAST I would like to get kudzu to recognize
it, but nothing.  When I kick off kudzu manually it still doesn't
recognize it!  Weird, huh?  Has there been a problem with USB under
the Fedora's?   Is my USB hosed and if so, how can I completely wipe
it out and reinstall it?

Last I checked there was no manufacturer-given driver.  Any
suggestions on a workaround?  Would wine allow me to use the windows
driver?  How does wine work with regards to interaction with drivers ?

Thanks
Marc