An FC2 Samba question.

Bob Cahn robertcahn at rcn.com
Mon Oct 11 00:00:44 UTC 2004

I've started Samba but I'm unable to map the share I've defined to a
drive on a XP machine.  When I check /var/spool/mail/root I find

 --------------------- samba Begin ------------------------

**Unmatched Entries**
nsswitch/winbindd.c:main(887)  Could not init idmap -- netlogon proxy
only : 1 Time(s)
nsswitch/winbindd_util.c:init_domain_list(327)  Could not fetch sid for
our domain MIDEARTH : 1 Time(s)
nsswitch/winbindd_util.c:winbindd_param_init(560)  winbindd: idmap uid
range missing or invalid : 1 Time(s)
nsswitch/winbindd_util.c:winbindd_param_init(561)  winbindd: cannot
continue, exiting. : 1 Time(s)

This seems to indicate that all is not well on the server end.  Can
anyone running Samba under FC2 interpret this for me.

Thanks in advance,
/Bob Cahn

Robert Cahn
Gipsy Trail Club