problem installing firefox

joshua neff joshua_neff at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 11 15:25:34 UTC 2004

It is? I must have missed it. I did an update last
night (my first one! when I first installed RH9, I was
on dial-up, so I never tried any on-line updates, but
now I've got a cable modem, so I'll download on a
whim) and I didn't see Firefox listed in the available
updates. But I'll check again tonight when I get home.

--- Matthew Saltzman <mjs at ces.clemson.edu> wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Oct 2004, joshua neff wrote:
>
> > I'll ask here, since I asked on the Mozillazine
> > support forums and got no real reply.
> >
> > Anyway, Firefox is my browser of choice (by a long
> > shot), and I had no problem at all downloading it
> and
> > installing it in RH9 just the other day. But now
> that
> > I've installed FC2, I can't seem to get Firefox to
> > install. It downloads fine, I run the Firefox
> > installation program and it seems to go fine,
> except
> > it closes out when I get to the end and Firefox
> hasn't
> > been installed. Has anyone else had this problem?
> Does
> > anyone have any idea why this would happen? I've
> tried
> > over and over, but it just won't take.
> >
> > =====
> > --joshua m. neff
> >
> > www.goblin-cartoons.com
>
> Why not grab the Fedora RPMs?  The latest Firefox is
> in the
> fedora.redhat.com/downloads development tree.  Grab
> them and the
> desktop-file-utils RPM and have at it.
>
> --
> 		Matthew Saltzman