PS command

Alex White prata at kuei-jin.org
Mon Oct 11 21:51:05 UTC 2004

Richard E Miles wrote:

>>Hi,
>>Could you tell me please what the fields STAT and TIME mean in the PS
>>command output.  I have read the man page without success.  By example:
>>Thank
>>-Jean
>

> see man ps

Agreed, you should check out the man page, but perhaps you
didn't have success with that, as mentioned before.
Stat == State, which tells you if something is currently
runnable, sleeping, zombied, so on and so forth...it's listed
under the section Process State Codes in the man page (man ps)

Time is the field that tells you how much CPU time the process
has used. I think, I could be wrong about this portion of it.

HTH

Alex White