Sendmail Question

Uttiya Chowdhury chowdhury_uttiya at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 12 19:19:11 UTC 2004

> > Change /usr/lib/sasl2/Sendmail.conf to contain
> something like:
> >
> > pwcheck_method: auxprop
> > mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN CRAM-MD5 DIGEST-MD5
> > log_level: 3
> > auxprop_plugin: sasldb
>
> Additional information: really necessary is only the
> first line, which
> changes the pwcheck_method from saslauthd to auxprop
> which uses by
> default the sasldb plugin.
>
> Alexander

That worked. Thanks!

Curiously though, imtest or testsaslauthd still says
authentication failure. I am stuck at the next hurdle
now... after login, squirrelmail says:

Query: CREATE "INBOX.Sent"
Reason Given: Permission denied

Apparently, the mailbox folders are not created
correctly. I looked around, but couldn't find any
clear guideline as to where these should be.

Also, the cyrus imapd howto at
  http://en.tldp.org/HOWTO/Cyrus-IMAP.html
tells about a number of directories that are needed
(in /var/adm and /var/imap) which do not exist.

Any help?

(I noted the mail about this not being for fedora test
release, but I think these aspects are really
independent of which fedora I am using).

=====
উত্তীয় চৌধুরী Uttiya Chowdhury