cant mount drive

Thornton thornton at cierragroup.com
Wed Oct 13 21:37:22 UTC 2004

> Waiiiiit a second maybe this is your problem then and not the CF card.
> Maybe the scanner module is causing the problem!

i have both the cf reader and scanner unplugged right now

> This is great we finally made this work!!!!!
>

> Ok now on to the mounting problem. Remember if you want to mount  a CD
> you *have* to create an iso9660 image of the files you want to burn
> and then burn the image! So in order to burn let's say some ordinary
> files in /home/tmp/ directory you have to give first:
>
> mkisofs -v -o home-tmp.iso -R -J /home/tmp

it is a iso9660 image i am trying to mount.  i tried a second disk now
which was fc 2 diskl the same disk i used to install this system months
ago. and that wont mount either.

mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom or through the gui gives me the already
mounted error.

however when i do it as a mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom -t iso9660 -o ro
it does work.  Why is it not mounting the normal way anymore then? As I
know it may just be me being lazy but its a pain if i cant right click
to mount and have to use that full command as I tend to use cd's a lot.

thanks