Any support for wireless-G in FC3?

Phillip T. George me at PhillipGeorge.com
Thu Oct 14 05:40:50 UTC 2004

Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:

>On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 19:56 -0700, Jim Lowman wrote:
>

>>One of my computers is in another room of the house, using a Linksys
>>WMP54G wireless-G
>>network adapter.
>>
>>Any hope that this device will be supported by FC3?
>>

>Not as such.  It's got a Broadcom chip, and Broadcom are famously
>clueless when it comes to Linux driver support.
>
>You may have luck using ndiswrapper.
>
>By the way, I found all of this out by Googling for "wmp54g linux".
>
>	<b

Jim,

If there isn't one available now, I don't think it will take long before
there is one out.  The differences between the types of wireless (B & G
for example) are probably mostly handled by the actual hardware and not
the device driver.  Just a theory though.

-Phillip