Moving out Mac

Lotsa Cabo lotsacabo at spamjammer.com
Fri Oct 15 01:48:04 UTC 2004

On Oct 14, 2004, at 9:26 PM, CB wrote:

> That seems a bit harsh to me. Google's a good start for doing your own
> research, but there's nothing like drawing directly on others'
> experience. And no-one has to give answers to every question to supply
> helpful response.

Thank you for chiming in.  I was going to reply to his message but
decided not to.

You hit the nail on the head.  I HAD done searches on Google (and MSN,
for what it's worth).  And I did find a few links that looked
promising.  HOWEVER, I am NOT a Linux pro nor do I even use it on a
regular basis.  What I was hoping for, more than anything else, were
unbiased opinions.  The last thing I wanted was to say that I found
"XYZ Utility" only to get a reply like "yup."

> There's always ardour (http://ardour.org/). It seems extremely capable
> but is absolutely not for the faint-hearted, In use it is reasonably
> intuitive, but it is quite complex to install.The easiest way is
> probably to use the the PlanetCCRMA repository
> (http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/).

Aaah, that answered a question I had.  I had found links to
"PlanetCCRMA" but was not entirely sure about Ardour.  The page I had
found did have info about Ardour but it read more like it was an
unintelligent recorder app.  Now I understand how the too fit together
(CCRMA and Ardour).  Thanks for clarifying that.

Thanx again,
Ryan

Tired of spam?  Signup for a FREE SpamJammer.Com account and say
goodbye to junk email forever!