FLAME____ Why is the kernel source not included

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Fri Oct 15 17:02:41 UTC 2004

Am Fr, den 15.10.2004 schrieb Ken Johanson um 18:45:

> > Alexander said "Mount FC2 CD3"

> Yes he did, and ended his comment in an inflammatory tone - without
> investigating or being aware-of the FC3 release candidate, and the
> reported plans to exclude the source from the install discs. He set
> himself up for that response by using the word 'investigating' and being
> rude.

Last of my comments about this ...

Ken, if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. It was _you_
making the fire! On the wrong list. Yes, I followed the discussion on
the other list.

Please reread your own initial posting:

First sentence by you: "Answer not needed, I'm keenly aware of the
politics behind this."

-> You seriously wanted "pointing out an arguable deficiency"? Come on!
If you want a discussion you don't start with "I don't need an answer
but am going to use a different distribution".

Last sentence in the original posting: "Be giving Suse, Mandrake, etc
another look. No time for Redhat games."

No further comment - point.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 18:53:06 up 1 day, 14:04, load average: 1.75, 0.59, 0.32