FLAME____ Why is the kernel source not included

Ken Johanson fedora at kensystem.com
Fri Oct 15 18:00:41 UTC 2004

Paul, well put, and I agree with all you points about module building.

But my cage rattling is about "Why is the kernel source not included",
not lack or headers. If I could have just rpm/bzipped the source from
one of the discs we wouldnt even be here right now.

Although older modules (the one with my NIC is almost 3 years old) still
require 'old' build envs- not a defense of them -- instead an argument
for providing the source in a convenient fashion so that a user in my
case can get up and running with emitting vulgarities.

Ken