[FC2]can write to USB stick, but cannot read

Colin Charles linux at bytebot.net
Fri Oct 15 15:32:25 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 02:22, Joerg Otte wrote:

> In /var/log/messages I find:
> Oct 11 15:27:19 ahorn kernel: SCSI error : <3 0 0 0> return code =
> 0x10070000
> Oct 11 15:27:19 ahorn kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev sda, sector 752
> Oct 11 15:27:19 ahorn kernel: Buffer I/O error on device sda1, logical
> block 645

Can you provide details of the USB disk? When plugged in, dmesg should
provide what the kernel detects it as

Afterward, bugzilla might seem like a useful place to report; if you get
a chance to try Fedora Core 3 test 3, do test your USB disk as well

Also, maybe some information as to your USB controller, might help -
lsusb -vv output (as root)
Colin Charles, byte at aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/
then you win." -- Mohandas Gandhi