How to setup Dial-Up server in FC2?

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Sat Oct 16 13:39:57 UTC 2004

On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 09:34:36PM -0700, malik malik wrote:
> Hi
>
>              I want to setup the dial-up server in my FC2.. i have to transfers files from office system to this FC2 system without any ISP..
>
> Thanks in advance
> guna.

This is hard to describe quickly. But it is a combination of
inserting a line such as:
S0:2345:respawn:/sbin/mgetty  -s 115200 /dev/ttyS0
in the inittab and then configuring the files /etc/ppp-secrets
containing your login on the server and the passwd encrypted or
unencrypted.
The /etc/ppp/options file such as:

lock
-detach
asyncmap 0
proxyarp
+pap
crtscts
pap-timeout 30
pap-max-authreq 20
modem
<server-ip>:<client-ip>
domain <domainname>

And the files /etc/mgetty+sendfax/login.conf and mgetty.conf

Somewhere you can find the document HOWTO-PPP among the Linux
documents to help you. Ask again if you get stuck.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
One Trinity Place.