Another apt - mirror or not ?

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Mon Oct 18 13:44:16 UTC 2004

On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 01:01:10PM +0700, Philippe wrote:
> How can I know if that means that I can include the PATH in my apt
> sources.list, or does a "apt repository" means more than just a ftp
> mirror. If yes, what should be the PATH ... the ftp PATH ?

Apt needs special metadata. This mirror looks like it's a copy of
freshrpms.net, and as such, it's got that metadata. Put these two lines:

rpm ftp://ftp.nectec.or.th/pub/linux-softwares/freshrpms/ayo/fedora/linux/2/i386 core updates freshrpms
rpm-src ftp://ftp.nectec.or.th/pub/linux-softwares/freshrpms/ayo/fedora/linux/2/i386 core updates freshrpms

in your /etc/apt/sources.list and you should be all set.