What will be new in FC3 ?

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Tue Oct 19 11:12:49 UTC 2004

Scott Talbot wrote:

> I am just curious,  I would think that no one at Fedora and maybe not
> even Red Hat actually changes anything in Xorg (and what a mess that
> would become if each distro did that!).

If you download and unpack the xorg-x11 source rpm,
there are quite a lot of patches in the package,
some of them obviously redhat-specific.
I assume that these patches are applied to the source before compiling,
though I haven't studied the spec file to verify this.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366