Gnome , lightweight tricks

fabiano fabiano.panther at infinito.it
Tue Oct 19 11:21:36 UTC 2004

>> Tricks to save memory and raise speed are very appreciated.
>

> Hi,
>
> To be honest, a bit more memory should make a whole lot of difference.
> I know it's not really the answer you asked for. Maybe you want to
> consider XFCE or something similarly lightweight instead of Gnome.
>
> //Andro

I appreciate any suggestion.I like a lot Gnome's interface and I  'll
try to use it (it is still usable) .
The computer is my secondary one, used by my father.I's like Zero cost
junk's repository =).
I have to wait some friend to broke something or give me  a free memory
stick!=)

I have read that Xfce can work with GNome's software by open Gnome's
like windows.
My question:

If Xfce has to call Gnome's libraries to work with a particular
software...How can Xfce be smaller of Gnome's alone??

I'm very courious about this issue..