Java plugin

Ben Smith fedora-list at deesconsulting.com
Tue Oct 19 11:33:07 UTC 2004

Terry Polzin wrote:

>On Monday 18 October 2004 07:33, Mostafa Z. Afgani wrote:
>

>>Mark Knights wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>i have followed the online plugin details that I could find for JRE
>>>(Java Runtime Environment) and Mozilla 1.7.etc and it did not seem to
>>>work.
>>>
>>>Can anyone give me a foolproof way to install the JRE?
>>>
>>>Cheers
>>>
>>>Mark
>>>

>>Hello Mark,
>>
>>Try this link:
>>
>>http://dag.wieers.com/packages/j2re/
>>
>>Best,
>>-M
>>

>What about Firefox as well?

The firefox from fedora.us, version 0.9.3 at least, now uses the mozilla
plugin directory by default.  I don't know about the .tar.gz from
mozilla.org though.  If that fails, you might try downloading this
script ( http://www.deesconsulting.com/fedora/installplugin.sh ) and
executing it in a terminal with 'sh installplugin.sh' and following the
instructions given.

-Ben
www.deesconsulting.com