Fedora Core 2 Upgraded Kernel Won't Boot

Lotsa Cabo lotsacabo at spamjammer.com
Wed Oct 20 11:13:42 UTC 2004

On Oct 20, 2004, at 12:30 AM, David Bullock wrote:

> Running yum update updated my whole system, including the kernel which
> went to "kernel-2.6.8-1.521", however when I reboot I can't get 2.6.8
> to boot.  2.6.5 still boots fine.

I've had the same problem for over a month now on my Toshiba laptop.
Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to deal with it.  Also
unfortunately, I'm somewhat of a Linux newbie.  Mine hangs after that
graphical "loading" progress window pops up.  I've tried clicking on
the link to show the details, but it hangs before I can.

Wow, now if that didn't sound like a newbie!  ;-)

R/S
Ryan

Tired of spam?  Signup for a FREE SpamJammer.Com account and say
goodbye to junk email forever!