discount dell laptops -- the sordid *real* story

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Wed Oct 20 16:26:29 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 16:48, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> and for those people who keep insisting that the original posting was
> spam, well ... please take this for what it's worth.  you're idiots.
> spam is normally when someone is trying to hustle something for
> personal gain; when there's something in it for them.
>
> thomas was trying to do people a favour -- for that, he's gotten
> slapped around.  apparently, it really is true -- no good deed goes
> unpunished.  don't sweat it, thomas -- the world is full of jerks.
> you've just met some of them.

I've been biting my tongue on this because I didn't want to add to the
noise, but I have to agree with Robert on this. Thomas was trying to do
us a favour by pointing out something that could well have been a big
money saver to many on this list. I'm in the UK so the deal was no good
for me, but I didn't object to it being posted here. Even if someone
else truly believed that the post was inappropriate I can see no reason
whatsoever for the amount of vitriol used in expressing that by some.
Thomas clearly wasn't trying to gain personally from this -- he was
trying to be helpful by passing on news to us. Again, even if you think
it was inappropriate I can't see why the intent behind the posting
couldn't be appreciated for what it was.

Best, Darren