Fedora and SCSI

Emiliano Brunetti emiliano.brunetti at fastwebnet.it
Thu Oct 21 07:45:15 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 09:11, Sohail Riaz wrote:
> Hi Friends
>
> I'm goint to install Fedora 2 on my HP Xeon server. It has a quantum
> Atlas 10K 3.5 Series 901 U160RM SCSI drive, which is the main problem
> that Fedora 2 is not detecting it and promt me for driver disk. I dont
> have a driver. Please help me that i can detect SCSI in Fedora 2.

Hi there!

Never had any problems at all with SCSI disk and any sort of linux
distro. Very strange. How about the SCSI controller? Is it working? Can
you detect your SCSI disk at boot time using controller's software (for
adaptec usually Ctrl-A to fire up the config menu).

That said, what kind of driver is the system(?) asking you for and what
application is actually asking you for a driver? When exactly?

I think that you if you tell us more exactly what is going on somebody
may think of a solution.

Bye

E.