Repacing a driver

Ian Clough ianhome at intech.co.uk
Thu Oct 21 12:09:57 UTC 2004

Thanks Alexander

>What is the correct way to get kudzu to recognize my driver and get it to
>> load on boot up.

> >Ian

>The already detected hardware is stored in /etc/sysconfig/hwconf. See
>"man kudzu", kudzu will check at each run against that file. I am not
>very sure, but you could edit this plain text file and change the driver
>set there for your ISDN card. Too set

>install hisax_fcpcipnp /bin/true
>alias char-major-43 capidrv
>alias char-major-44 capidrv
>alias char-major-45 capidrv

>in /etc/modprobe.conf.

>Alexander

I have man'd and googled about kudzu but have now left it disabled.

Where should I start up the new driver and capi. The hisax driver was
started by the isdn service - I think.
The isdn service reads the file isdncard. Do I try to adapt that service or
put the new  commands in rc.local
I am just trying to work out the 'proper' way to do this.

Ian