External + builtin display coexistence -- howto?

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Thu Oct 21 12:17:15 UTC 2004

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004, Itay Furman wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I could not get my IBM T41 to display on its builtin screen at
> the same time that it was connected to external LCD projector
> (the latter won :-).  Google search for
> 	"Fedora Core 2 external video"
> did not produce anything promising.  Where should I start looking
> to understand what went wrong?

(1) Check the display setting in your BIOS.  You may need to make sure it
is set to VGA+LCD to have the LCD activated.

(2) Make sure your display is configured correctly with
system-config-dsplay.  Video card is ATI Radeon Mobility 7500 and monitor
type is IBM 9514-B TFT Panel.  (This is for the 1024x768 display.)

(3) Otherwise, it Just Worked for me.  <Fn>-<F7> should cycle among
panel, external, and both.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences