migrating from redhat 9 to fedora

Mikkel Bo Hansen mihan99 mihan99 at student.sdu.dk
Fri Oct 22 06:36:45 UTC 2004

Hi,
I have a question about migrating from RH 9 to Fedora. I feel that it will be a good idea, but I am concerned about the data on my computers. While installing Fedora, do I then have to make backup of all my files? Or does Fedora take care of this, and just - in a sense - update RH 9?
I am running RH 9 on my stationary computer, which works perfectly. But my laptop is another issue... How well is different configurations supported in Fedora? My laptop is a G200, with a Pentium 1500 centrino processor. The problem is the screen.

That was a lot of questions, hopefully you can help me out. But take your time, with a load like this, I don't expect an answer tomorrow.

best regards

-- Mikkel