[OT a little] Web page deconstruction

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Fri Oct 22 11:11:40 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 21:08, Leonard Isham wrote:

> >     Anyone got an idea for how to extract this data? (Without all the
> > error-prone cut-n-paste, etc?)
>
> You'll want to start out by getting the information I would suggest
> curl or wget and then use perl to extract the information you want.

    I hadn't considered curl, but yeah- aquisition of the page with wget
was the idea.  And I just considered that 'perling' the result was
needed, I just have almost no experience with it, whatsoever...

Brian Fahrländer                  Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                 http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ 5119262
AIM: WheelDweller