Weird problem: USB lockup with a SD card

J.L. Coenders fedora at universalgrid.nl
Sat Oct 23 16:53:06 UTC 2004

Hi,
I have a new digital camera (HP R707) and it works great, except for one
really bad thing:
When I have the SD card inserted and connect it to the computer using the
dock, or the direct cable, USB locks up. When trying to view
the /proc/bus/usb/devices file the viewing program locks. When I want to
shutdown, the shutdown locks at pcmcia: unloading Kernel Card Services.

Again, without the SD card, the camera works great and works with the dock and
the direct cable. It shows up in /proc/bus/usb/devices and great recognized
as a USB storage devices. Mounting it works great.

I have tested the camera with and without the SD on a windows box and it works
fine there. So I guess the SD card and the camera are ok and there is some
problem with the usb-storage driver in FC2. Does anyone have a clue?

On two machines, one running kernel 2.6.8-1.521 and the other kernel
2.6.7-1.494.2.2.

I have searched the HP site, googled and searched the archived, but I couldn't
find any good leads.

- Jeroen