x86_64 and Gnome battstat applet

Jonathan Berry berryja at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 23:47:25 UTC 2004

Hi,
I'm running FC2 for x86_64 on my laptop and have been trying to find a
battery monitor for the Gnome desktop.  I have the gnome-applets
package installed, and from looking around some it seems that FC2 does
not include the battstat applet in this package on the x86_64
architecture for whatever reason.  I have talked with someone who has
it for the amd64 version of Debian, so is there a reason that FC2 did
not include it?  Is there some way to get it?  Will FC3 have this?  I
have tried installing from RPM and source several different ways, but
I can't seem to get all the dependancies right for it to
install/compile.  Are there alternate programs that anyone is using
with Gnome and x86_64?
Thanks,
Jonathan