can I sell fedora?

Carroll Grigsby cgrigs at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 24 04:51:50 UTC 2004

On Sunday 24 October 2004 12:24 am, dyzelinis wrote:
> So you think I can not sell software per se?
>
> If i burn Fedora CDs, find a customer and sell the CDs lets say for a 50$.
> I know its too much just for burning CD :). But the point is: will I break
> the license rules? If i can sell Fedora CDs, is there a limit for the
> highest price?

There had better be more to your business plan than that. In case you didn't
know, Cheapbytes sells FC2 for as little as $8.99 (+shipping, of course).
Good quality CD's, too, and quick delivery. And they aren't alone -- there
are other companies that provide similar services. Bear in mind that at $50,
you're competing with various boxed commercial distributions (Mandrake, Suse)
who include both factory support and documentation in the deal.
-- cmg