Problem with Add or Remove Packages - Beginner

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 25 01:23:31 UTC 2004

Bradley:

Try this first:

rpm -qa | grep <package_name>

If you get no response, then you have to use yum in install mode.

Example:
# rpm -qa | grep cyrus-sasl
#
(cyrus-sasl was not found)
# yum install cyrus-sasl
.... yum responses and successful installation of cyrus-sasl
#

What are you development packages trying to install that requires these
packages?

James McKenzie