how to config XFree86 on FC1 with i865 video card and DELL 773cdisplay

Rafiq_Maniar at Dell.com Rafiq_Maniar at Dell.com
Tue Oct 26 09:34:52 UTC 2004

I believe you'll need the latest i865 driver from Intel.
http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-010512.htm

I have a feeling you're using an Optiplex GX270 - if so, be sure to update to the latest BIOS (http://support.euro.dell.com) as there is a video memory bug in versions prior to A03.

I would advise that you download FC3 in a few days and upgrade your installation to that - updates to FC1 have been passed to the Fedora Legacy group and so security fixes etc are slower to come, if at all. You will save yourself the effort of having to mess with the drivers, among many other benefits.

Rafiq

-----Original Message-----
From: Justin Zhao [mailto:ZZJ at mobell.com.cn]
Sent: 26 October 2004 03:29
To: fedora-list at redhat.com
Subject: how to config XFree86 on FC1 with i865 video card and DELL 773cdisplay

For some reason, I've installed Fedora Core 1 on my PC.

After Installation, when to boot Fedora Core 1,
there raised error for X11 server:
[EE] I810(0): No Video BISO modes for chosen depth

After reconfig, the X11 server run. But my desktop
can only display 8-bits color at 1024*768 resolution or
16-bits color at 640*480 resolution.

I just wanna use 16-bits color at 1024*768 resolution,
how to config it?