Any suggestion for good linux books?

linux r linuxr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 19:05:51 UTC 2004

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 20:31:45 +0200, Santiago Cepas <scepas at ya.com> wrote:
> El mié, 27-10-2004 a las 01:38, Mitch Wiedemann escribió:
> > I was in the bookstore the other day and found a book entitled: "How
> > Linux Works".  It seems to have a good overview of all of the different
> > processes that go on between the time you flip the power switch and the
> > login prompt.  Just the sort of thing I was looking for.
> >
> > Here's a link:
> > http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1593270356/qid=1098834704/sr=2-1/ref=pd_ka_b_2_1/104-7276385-3915119
> >

> I bought that book a month ago, and are thoroughly happy with it.
> I particularly enjoyed the chapters on How Linux Boots and networking.
>
> Cheers,
>         Santi
>

> --

I know you said that you weren't interested in certification.  However
Michael Jang's RHCE book is pretty good too.  I have been through the
old one thoroughly and am going through the new one too, updated for
RHEL3.  Lots of examples, exercises and such.

--
Marc

Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.
Ayn Rand