Sendmail Access.db help

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed Oct 27 19:40:45 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 27.10.2004 schrieb Yang Xiao um 21:24:

> I'm trying to prevent anyone from spoofing incoming mail as internal
> users. Example, my domain is mydomain.com
> I don't want to anyone to connection to my mail gateway and send
> emails as user at mydomain.com from the outside.
>
> I thought this can be done by access table and it's working. but the
> problem now is that it's rejecting local mail that it's trying to
> forward to the mailhost as well, how can I fix this?

No, you can't prevent this sender address spoofing with the access_db
without breaking other regular mail traffic.

> #access table

> 127.0.0.1               OK
> localhost               OK
> From:localhost          OK
> To:localhost            OK

Above must be RELAY, OK is too less.

> From:mydomain.com           ERROR:"550 Everything that has a
> beginning, has an end."

> Yang

http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/protected.html

Or use a milter application to check whether the sender which claims to
have a local domain address is sending from internally.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 21:35:53 up 7 days, 18:15, load average: 0.26, 0.19, 0.23