Thinking on a "smart upgrading" to the near FC3

Thudor Brasilis thudor at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 13:42:51 UTC 2004

I'm already thinking on a fresh install of the soon to be current FC3.
I have  the separated /home partition  as a rule. Every time I need to
upgrade I need to backup the /home partition and start the installation
from scratch.

What I do think is that there must be a different way to do a fresh
install without needing to reformat the whole HD. I think that it is
only necessary to reformat the /boot and the /  (root) partitions.

Anyone has the "grand-mommy" recipe?

Regards,

Thudor