dependency problem with latest updates nvidia-related

Clint Harshaw clint at penguinsolutions.org
Fri Oct 29 00:41:41 UTC 2004

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> Which kernel do you run? The  kernel-module-nvidia RPM is at
> rpm.livna.org, but only for the current kernel 2.6.8-1.521.
>
> Alexander

Ah! That's the problem then, since I'm running 2.6.7 to allow other
users on this home box the ability to burn CDs.

$ uname -a
Linux simba.penguinsolutions.org 2.6.7-1.494.2.2 #1 Tue Aug 3 09:39:58
EDT 2004 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux

Is there a workaround for this, or am I being nudged into moving to the
latest kernel and have to do a workaround for cd burning?

Clint