yum Q (again)

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Oct 31 02:36:36 UTC 2004

Greetings;

Yum version is 2.0.7, FC2 upgraded from RH8 machine.

1. I thought I had killed the automatic yum invocation, but it
apparently came back on for some reason and ran last night,
which is puzzling.

2. yum proceeded to update a bunch of stuffs last night sometime,
stuff that included libxml2, but its apparently a fresh package as
its dated yesterday in the cache.

3. yum etc is still working, which after previous experience,
plumb amazes me!

4. Whats wrong with this exclude line in my yum.conf inserted
below that would cause it to ignore my exclude of libxml2 stuffs?
-------------------
[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
pkgpolicy=newest
distroverpkg=redhat-release
tolerant=1
exactarch=1
obsoletes=1
retries=20

[updates-released]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Released Updates
baseurl=http://mirror.linux.duke.edu/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/$releasever/$basearch/
exclude=kernel* kde* xorg* cups*  gimp-print* pango* gimp* gtk2* libxml2* libxslt*

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)