BIND 9 Problem - DNS Forwarding

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Sun Oct 31 14:17:55 UTC 2004

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004, Kh Linux wrote:

> Dear Rodolfo and all:
>
> Thank you for your response.
>
> Would Fedora Core 3 solve the problem of ";;connection timed out; no servers
> could be reached"? I usually get the message the first time I do the query
> (#host www.yahoo.com) right after restarting named. And I had to do the
> query 2 or 3 times to get named answer it correctly. This does not happen
> with a query for a host in my local domains. I have tried it in RedHat7.3,
> RedHat 9, and Fedora Core 2 and BIND still behaves the same.

No...I don't think changing your OS will have anything to do with not
being able to resolve DNS queries.

2 Questions:

1) What does your /etc/resolv.conf file look like?
2) Is named even running?  As root, run "service named status" and give us
the results.
--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit